112 Responses to “The Phoenix Files #6: Doomsday”

Not yet! June 2013.

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Chris Morphew

• ...

Hey chris :) big fan anyway it is coming out june 1st in armerica what about Australia :)

Any day now!

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Chris Morphew

1. jaimee

Chris! When is the new book coming out in Australia?! I’m so excited!

June 2013.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 11:09 PM, Chris Morphew

2. Omi Jack

Hey Chris, do you have an ACTUAL Date for this release? Thanks SO Much!
    I have a few questions:
    1. Were is Phoenix? In Australia?
    2. Where is Jordan from? And what is her skin colour?
    3. I read ALL the 5 books out yet TWICE. Is there anyway to explain that whole Wall thing? I read it a BILLION Times but I still don’t understand.
    4. If they were OUTSIDE the Wall, how did they go down that very long bike path and get outside of Phoenix?

Thanks, BEST SERIES EVER!
    #1
    Chao. :D

• Chris Morphew

1. Yes, Phoenix is in Australia. 2. Jordan is from somewhere in the Pacific Islands and she has dark skin. 3/4. The wall runs in a big circle around the outside of Phoenix. In Arrival, when they ride out to the wall, the go from the middle of that circle to the edge, and then look back INSIDE and see the town.

• Chris Morphew

Somewhere in the middle! (The descriptions are deliberately written so that it’s impossible to pinpoint an exact location.)

• Alec

So Phoenix is a real place in Australia? Haha

Is this based on a true story? Ahaha

3. Amzi :D

Hi Chris, what bookstores can I find the phoenix files series in?

• Chris Morphew

It should be available in most bookstores. If not, ask at the counter and they’ll order it in for you.

4. Dylan

Hi Chris, the one thing that I don’t understand about the books is how the people didn’t see that phoenix was surrounded by concrete and a desert when the flew over?

• Ninja-Timelord

Re-read Arrival. The helicopter windows were blacked out, so they couldn’t see out of them

5. Paul

chris just finished fallout it was so good… Cant wait till doomsday !!!

6. HappyFlower

I absolutely loved the first five – when will Doomsday be out in the UK?? Thanks

7. rachel4reading

I love your series I did a summary of it on my blog hope someone reads my blog and likes it well I love your books can’t wait for doomsday
    <3 rachel4reading

8. Paul

Chris… Doomsday is out in June in aus right… If so will it be at the start or end of June ?

9. bobbujainc

Hey Chris when will doomsday be released on iTunes Australia? Love your books man

Also your header sais your a teacher what do you teach you look a lot like one of the teachers that’s training at my school in perth! Do you tech English?

• Josh

hey Chris are you Christian by any chance? thanks :)

10. :) Phoenix Files Lover

Hi Chris I am such a fan of yours!!! I can’t wait until the last book is released! :D

11. KJ

Hey there I can’t wait until the final book release! It sounds really cool! When I grow up, I really want to become an author!!!! :)

12. Joseph D

I can’t wait for the new book to come out!
    The others are really good and I can’t wait for number 6!
    Which bookstores will it be sold in?

13. sam

can’t wait for doomsday! i have read all of the series so far twice and loved them. Anyway how come Luke and his mum got in even though they are not candidates.

• lukehunter

Read fallout carefully (towards the end) ~ it explains!

• Will Laverty

It’s in book 5, Bill is actually Peter so he has to make the past the same so he hacks the shackleton website thingy and adds lukes and his mums name in it which is why. Kinda hard to explain…

14. lukehunter

When will the book be available in Dubai, UAE (in the middle east)?

• Chris Morphew

I’m not sure, sorry. I didn’t even realise you could get ANY of the books over there! I’ll see if I can find out for you…

15. lukehunter

UAE, Dubai release date? Please love the books! Your such a great author!

16. Madds32923

Will doomsday be out in all over Australia on the 1st June? I loved then first 5 and am reading them again now they’re so great! Do you have any tips for writing books, I’m only 14

17. Madds32923

Thanks! :)
    Do you plan on writing another series after the Phoenix Files!
    I can’t wait for doomsday!!!!!!

• Chris Morphew

Absolutely! I’ve got about 6 or 7 other ideas for a whole bunch of different things. It’s just a matter of figuring out what to do first!

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Chris Morphew

18. Madds32923

Would you be able to tell me what genre they are or would that be giving to much away!
    I think I should probably stop asking questions :P

• Chris Morphew

Haha, well they’re all different, but I guess they’re mostly somewhere in the same sort of sci-fi/action/mystery genre as The Phoenix Files.

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Chris Morphew

• Madds32923

That sounds great! Thank you, I look forward to reading them when they’re published ;)

19. Pie In The Sky!

You know Chris, after the last book of the Phoenix Files(doomsday) can you like make more Phoenix files books, since I `m a young adult reader I want to find out like if Calvin and Noah Shackleton want to get revenge on Peter, Luke and Jordan…
    Thanks for answering this question.

20. Marc

I already have the book before release date because I know the author through a few connections.

21. Sophie

Hey Chris
    just wondering if there was any way of ordering doomsday online??

thanks Sophie

22. nathan basile

OMG! love google and u chris. just pre-orded the book domsday on google play, can read tomorow!!!

23. noname

Hi Chris,

Ive read all the phoenix files (and loved them!!!!) i hardly ever read but once i started couldnt stop so i read all the books in 2 weeks (i read all the hunger games in like 2 yrs) but then realised that then last one wasnt out so i had a look at your blog and you kept saying june 1, is it out yet? and if so where can i get it from (im in adelaide)!

thanks!!!!!

• Chris Morphew

Yes, the last book should be available in Adelaide now! If your local bookstore doesn’t have it, I’m sure they’d be happy to order it in for you!

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 8:32 AM, Chris Morphew

• noname

oh my gosh thank you so much for replying (i thought you wouldnt!!!) ive been waiting for like 2 months! thank you for replying youre the best author EVER and im hooked on your books! PLEASE keep writing awesome stories! THANK YOU cant wait to find out what happens :)

24. Clucini07

Just finished Doomsday in slightly over 3 hours i’m not going to spoil the ending but i loved it. IMO it was the best one in the series i particuarlly liked what bill did but im not going to spoil that ethier

25. Sally

so is doomsday out in New Zealand yet?
    I love your books so much :)

26. Aleisha

Hey Chris! Or Mr Morphew haha, whatever u prefer, I have really enjoyed reading your books one by one they have been a great inspiration for me as I LOVE writing stories and have decided I am going to start one on an trip to HK in June. I live in Australia, lucky for me because we get the book first, and my friend posted a picture on Instagram the other day holding the book and I couldn’t believe it! My birthday is on Tuesday and I’m really hoping for it as a gift but I would never ask for it because well….I find it rude to ask for gifts. I can’t wait to read it no matter how long it takes me to get a hold of it but I have recommended it to everyone person I have met and I’m in year 7 now so all my new high school friends have now read it! We all think you are so talented and you have inspired me to start my own books. I was thinking to start off on the same lines but why not start from scratch and see what my Cooky mind comes up with! I can just imagine you as my teacher! You would be the coolest teacher at the school hahaha. Well I would love to read more of your workings! Thanks again for everything, even if I don’t know you personally, you have changed my life completely in the best way possible. <3

27. Liam

Such a good book!!!!!!!! You are a brilliant writer. Thx for some of the best stories of my life

Thanks Liam!

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Chris Morphew

28. A big fan...

(I hope you read this because I’m not on Facebook and Twitter and it’s the only way I can say this)

Anyway, thanks for writing the Phoenix Files series!!!

This is one of my top three book series of all time- and just to let you know, I am such an avid reader, that even my top 10 is extremely difficult to make- in other words, you’ve done pretty well (um, that may be an bit of an understatement.)

(Also, I have to thank you for your writing tips- I enjoy writing myself, and although I don’t know whether I’d make a career out of it when I’m older, writing stories happens to be one of my hobbies- albeit, one of my more hush-hush ones- and your tips have really helped me out.)

However, I just have to ask you- what happens now to Luke, Jordan, Reece, Tobias, the Weirs and every other character? It’s kept me up at night wondering how they’re all doing after the events in Phoenix. Will Luke and Jordan return to their respective towns and cease to see each other? Will they receive medals or something, or will the government keep everything secret and refuse to help anyone with resettling? How are Peter’s parents coping with the loss of their son? What happens now with Dr. Galton? And Tobias- that kid obviously has some kind of super intelligence or immunity or something! What will life be like for him at home and preschool and stuff in general? And what will happen to the town of Phoenix?

Once more, I loved the Phoenix Files and thank you for giving me something to read the past few years!!!!!!

• Chris Morphew

Thanks so much! I do have a few ideas about what may have happened to some of the characters after the end of Doomsday, but I might hold onto them for a bit longer, until everyone’s had a chance to read the book.

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM, Chris Morphew

29. Tania

Hi,

I read the first three books in the series after reading the first together with my son for Reader’s Cup in about 2010. It has taken me till now to get back to the series, and I was happy to find out that the final one has just been released. I hate to stop in the middle. So now I will go back and start the series again, and read straight through. My son is now in Yr 12 and not so interested in youth fiction any more, but I have a 10 year old boy who may be soon. I did find the shift in the first person disorientating the first time round, but an interesting concept.

30. Georgia

Just read Doomsday, and I must say it wasn’t what I was expecting…
    It was a fabulous quick easy read and a great way to end a series.
    But is there any way, any epilogue book we will ever be able to know more about Luke and Jordan’s relationship? (I fell in love with these characters and their confusing relationship) And what happens on the outside afterwards?
    Thanks!

Hey Georgia,

Quite a few people have been asking me for more info on what happens to the characters after the end of Doomsday. I might talk more about this in a month or two, once US and UK readers have had a chance to finish the last book.

Chris

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 5:58 AM, Chris Morphew

31. Eugene

Hi Chris,

Love your books!! I’m gay for Bill im the ending! Love him so fucking much!! Can u tell me when doomsday is coming out in perth ? Thanks 😚

32. theuselesshacker

Hi Chris,

I’m nine years old and have just finished reading Doomsday and I think its
    THE GREATEST PIECE OF LITERATURE IN THE UNIVERSE and I loved the ending.
    P.S
    I’m writing a Sci-Fi short story and it would be cool if you could check it out so heres the link if you want to:

I will be updating the file everytime I write another significant part of the book
    P.P.S
    I have been trying to get my fellow nerd friend Oliver to read The Phoenix Files, but he says if I read The Hunger Games then he will read The Phoenix Files
    Also, one more question SPOILER ALERT: after the events of Doomsday is the whole thing kept secret from the world or does everyone on the outside find out.
    thats all for now.

33. hi1212yo

cant wait to get my hands on doomsday. ive read the other five books 3 times

34. J.D.Morris

Where can I get doomsday/fallout in the UK?
    Can’t find them anywhere :(

• Chris Morphew

If your local bookstore doesn’t have them, I’m sure they’d be happy to order them in!

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 7:49 PM, Chris Morphew

35. Matt

Hi, just read doomsday and it is amazing! I admit I cried a bit when

*SPOILER ALERT*

Tobias ‘died’ :3 Also, in the beginning I got really confused about whose point of view it was, about half way through I saw the names on the chapters XD. I hope that sometime soon you write something explaining what happened to Luke and Jordan after they leave Phoenix

• Chris Morphew

I think so, but I’m not sure! Check with your local bookseller – they’ll know better than I do!

36. Bob

Hi chris
    Love your books😝😝😝
    Can you please write a book or maybe a tiny book on what happens to Jordan and Luke after they leave
    Thanx
    😃😃😃

37. April

Hi, Chris! I’m loving your books. I noticed that the last two books aren’t available in digital format yet (for the nook). Do you know if and when they will be?

• Chris Morphew

Not sure, sorry! I know they’re out on the iTunes store already, so I’m not sure why they aren’t yet available on the nook… hopefully they’ll be available soon, though!

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 7:07 AM, Chris Morphew

38. Lululululu

OMG THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING! Seriously this was the greatest ending to a book series ever! I was SO upset when I finished it because it was the last book, but so happy at the same time that the series was given a fantastic ending! Thank you for a truly fabulous book series!

Thanks so much!

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Chris Morphew

• Lululululu

OMG you actually replied! I’m like fangirl dying right now XD

39. Alec

My mum has been looking at all the book stores in Westfields and none of them sell the Phoenix Files – Doomsday

40. Felix Ackermann

When is Doomsday out in Singapore. I went to so many shops but I can’t find it.

• Chris Morphew

I’m not sure, sorry, but if you ask in store they might be able to help you out!

41. Thomas

I’ve read Underground and Fallout and they are super!!!!!
    Can’t wait ’till Doomsday gets out :)

42. GeorgeBlades

i just finished the Doomsday book, so good i like that bit where shakelton gets filled with bullets

43. Connor

Just finished reading 6 it was full of surprise and has a great ending

Is there any chance you will be making a sequel or prequel or any smillar books

Hey Connor,

I won’t 100% rule out writing another Phoenix Files one day, but at the moment I don’t think it will happen. I am working on a couple of other projects right now that I think will appeal to Phoenix Files readers.

Chris

44. Kevin

THAT WAS … INCREDIBLE I just finished. But I just want to know what happens after doomsday like about Luke and Jordan the other people. BUT THAT ENDING THOUGH

45. Chris Morphew

Hey guys,
    I kinda don’t want to say too much about what happens after the end of the series – mostly because I haven’t written it and I never really made up any solid answers. I did make this video after Doomsday was released, though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE1PrMvpDYE
    Chris